Rules and Regulations
- Members should observe strict silence inside the Library.
- Members should enter their roll number and name in the gate register and sign in the same before entering the library.
- The students are instructed to carry their College ID cards on daily basis inside the library, and they have to produce it whenever asked by the library staff.
- Members are advised not to keep money, mobile phones or any other valuable goods at the property counter.
- Members are not allowed to smoke, or carry eatables/drinks inside the Library premises.
- Use of Mobile phones is not permitted inside the Library premises.
- Members are not allowed to bring their Bags, Personal belongings; personal books, books borrowed from other libraries or any other printed matter must not be brought inside the library. These must be kept at the property counter of the library against a token.
- Library does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property left on its premises.
- While leaving the library, members are required to show their files, file covers, books etc. to the Library Staff on duty at the check- point.
- Marking, scratching, damaging, mutilating, stealing, library materials or property will invite disciplinary action against the defaulters.
- In case the property counter token is lost, the deposited article may be claimed with proper identification after producing a written request.
- Members should leave the books on the reading table after consulting.
- Members should not talk or discuss as they may disturb other readers. Reading halls are meant for individual study and research only.
- Violation of library rules or misconduct by a member may invite discontinuation of the library privileges.
- Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources.
- Periodicals, rare books, Reference books will not be issued and may be consulted only in the library.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Library cards are not transferable. The Members is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- The members canâ€™t be issued more than one book of same kind at a time.
- Members are requested to check the condition of the book before getting issued. Any damage found in the books taken out for reading or borrowing should be brought to the notice of the staff on duty before getting issued, otherwise reader will be held responsible for any damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return the books.
- Borrowed books are not permitted to be taken inside the library unless they are to be returned.
- Books borrowed should be returned in good condition and before the due date, failing which, fine will be levied as per the rules of the library.
- Overdue charges: On Library Card an overdue charge of Rs 1/- per day per volume.
- Books issued on overnight card should be returned by 10.30 AM next day.
- The members who are enrolled as member in other libraries on the recommendation of the college library are required to get the clearance from the concerned library before the final examination of University of Delhi.
- Loss of any borrowed book must be reported immediately to the Librarian/Library Staff. The member must replace the lost book / pay the cost of the lost book as per the rules of library committee.
- In case of loss of any library ticket, immediately inform in writing to the library staff. After checking and depositing requisite fee, the replaced library tickets will be issued.
- Disturbing arrangement of books on stacks, misplacing books and misusing the library is punishable offence.
- The infringement of the library rules shall make the student forfeit the privileges of membership of the library, in addition to the action taken as per the disciplinary rules of the college.
- Members are advised to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil; writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case member shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
- Outsiders should have prior permission from the principal to enter or use the college library.